1. Payne p. 122. Kershaw p. 109 Note: All quotes from Mein Kampf in this page are from Mein Kampf Vol. 1, Chapters 8-9.
2. Payne p. 123. Kershaw p. 116. Flood p. 50. Note: Three years later Hitler will write that he had returned to Munich on December 18, but no doubt confused this date with that of his transfer to Traunstein.
3. Payne p. 123. Kershaw p. 116.
4. Fest p. 117.
5. Payne p. 123, 124. Kershaw p. 117.
6. Kershaw p. 117.
7. Toland p. 83.
8. Kershaw p. 118, 120.
9. Kershaw p. 116.
10. Payne p. 125, 126.
11. Payne p. 118.
12. Kershaw p. 118, 120.
13. Payne p. 126. Mein Kampf.
14. Payne p. 126. Mein Kampf.
15. Flood p. 56.
16. Payne p. 127.
17. Payne p. 127 Flood p. 57.
18. Payne p. 128. Kershaw P. 118 Note: Payne translates Vertrauensmann as "undercover agent", which is clearly incorrect. Vertrauensmann seems to translate as "Representative".
19. Flood p. 58.
20. Kershaw p. 122.
21. Payne p. 128. Kershaw p. 122. Toland p. 88.
22. Payne p. 128. Mien Kampf.
23. Toland p. 89.
24. Payne p. 129. Kershaw p. 123.
25. Flood p. 60.
26. Kershaw p. 122. Flood p. 63. Toland p. 90.
27. Fest p. 113.
28. Flood p. 63.
29. Payne p. 131. Kershaw p. 107, 124, 125. Bullock p. 64.
30. Toland p. 92.
31. Payne p. 134. Kershaw p. 126. Flood p. 65. Fest p. 117.
32. Payne p. 135. Kershaw p. 107, 126.
33. Payne p. 136. Toland p. 90.
34. Bullock p. 65. Payne p. 136.
35. Payne p. 137. Fest P. 118.
36. Kershaw p. 125. Flood p. 64. Toland p. 94.
37. The Gemlich Letter.
38. Payne p. 137-138. Flood p. 70. Toland p. 93.
39. Flood p. 72.
40. Flood p. 74.
41. Kershaw p. 127.
42. Payne p. 142. Kershaw p. 140. Flood p. 75. Toland p. 98.
43. Bullock p. 65 Payne p. 142. Mein Kampf. Kershaw p. 140.
44. Flood p. 76.
(Bloch) My Patient Hitler by Dr. Eduard Bloch. Colliers Magazine, March 15 and 22, 1941.
(Bullock I) Hitler, A Study In Tyranny by Alan Bullock. Harper Torchbooks TBP Edition, 1964.
(Calvin) Calvin Tatsachen und Lgen um Hitler, 1932, on-line version in English.
(Fest I) The Face of the Third Reich by J. Fest, 1970, online version.
(Fest II) Hitler. Joachim Fest. A Helen and Kurt Wolf Book. Hardcover. 1974.
(Flood) Hitler: The Path to Power. Charles Bracelen Flood. Houghton Mifflen Company. First Printing, Hardcover.1989
(Hamann) Hitler's Vienna: A Dictator's Apprenticeship by Brigitte Hamann, Translated from the German by Thomas Thornton. Oxford University Press, 1999
(Heiden) Der Fhrer: Hitler's Rise to Power by Konrad Heiden. Translated by Ralph Manheim. Houghton Mifflin first printing, 1944
(Hepp) The Hepp Letter online version.
(Kershaw) Vol. 1, Hitler: 1889-1936 Hubris by I. Kershaw, 1998 First American Trade Paperback Edition. Vol. 2, Hitler: 1936-1945 Nemesis by I. Kershaw, First American Hardcover Edition, 2000.
(Kubizek) Adolf Hitler, Mein Jugendfreund by A. Kubizek, 1953
(Maser) Hitler: Legand, Myth, And Reality by W. Maser
(MK) Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler. 2 volumes, 1926-1927, on-line version.
(Paula Hitler) Paula Hitler Interview at Berchtesgaden, 5th June 1946, Records of the Army Staff (G2), Record Group 319 IRR XE575580.
(Payne) The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler by Robert Payne, Praeger Publishers, 1973.
(Rosenbaum) Explaining Hitler: The Search for the Origins of his Evil by Ron Rosenbaum. Harper Perennial TPB, 1999
(Smith) Adolf Hitler: His Family, Childhood and Youth by Bradley F. Smith, Hoover Institute, 1967
(Toland) Adolf Hitler by John Toland. In two volumes, hardcover, Doubleday, 1976.
(Williams) Corporal Hitler and the Great War 1914-1918, The List Regiment by John F. Williams. Cass Military Studies, 2005.
(Weber) Hitler's First War by Thomas Weber. Oxford University Press, 2010.
Click to join 3rdReichStudies
Disclaimer:The Propagander! includes diverse and controversial materials--such as excerpts from the writings of racists and anti-Semites--so that its readers can learn the nature and extent of hate and anti-Semitic discourse. It is our sincere belief that only the informed citizen can prevail over the ignorance of Racialist "thought." Far from approving these writings, The Propagander! condemns racism in all of its forms and manifestations.
Fair Use Notice: This site--The Propagander!--may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of historical, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, environmental, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.